The UNI-SET Consortium
UNI-SET is implemented jointly by the European University Association (EUA) as the Project Coordinator and the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven) as the Project Partner representing the universities in Knowledge and Innovation Community InnoEnergy (KIC InnoEnergy).
KU Leuven is leading the Third Party Consortium, which is composed of five universities in the KIC InnoEnergy, namely Grenoble Institute of Technology (Grenoble INP), Jagiellonian University (JU), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC).
KU Leuven and the five Third-Party Consortium universities represent the six centres of KIC InnoEnergy, each focusing on specific energy technological areas. In particular:
- KU Leuven represents the Benelux Centre focusing on smart and energy-efficient buildings and cities;
- Grenoble INP, the Alps Valleys Centre, focusing on sustainable nuclear and renewable energy convergence;
- JU, the Poland Plus Centre, focusing on clean coal technologies;
- KIT, the Germany Centre, focusing on energy from chemical fuels;
- KTH, the Sweden Centre, focusing on smart energy grids; and
- UPC, the Iberia Centre, focusing on renewable energies.